About guides, traveling foodies can compare the southern and northern variations of phở–a rice-noodle stew (phở bò for beef and phở gà for chicken)
Highlights from Vietnam
- Mekong Delta: See the floating markets and get a glimpse of life on the Mekong River
- Halong Bay: Picturesque boat tours through emerald waters and limestone isles
- Hoi An: A popular place to have tailor made clothes and suites made to order
- Cu Chi Tunnels: Underground network of tunnels used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War
- Traveling foodies can compare the southern and northern variations of phở–a rice-noodle stew (phở bò for beef and phở gà for chicken)
Hints and Tips for Vietnam
- Visa-on-Arrival is not available for all nationalities. Check in advance as some travelers may need a week or more before receiving their approved visa or other required documentation.
- When purchasing tours (i.e. Halong Bay), try comparing with a few companies. If your accommodation offers tours it may be much more expensive than buying directly from tour operators.
- Double-check the season you will be entering (which differs from the South and North) as winter season, especially in the North, can be quite cold–dress accordingly.
- Be practical regarding what items you flash in public. This holds especially true on popular beaches where travelers are encouraged to keep an eye on their bags or leave important belongings behind.